[Bleeding Cool News] Stories taken from across the comic book industry, from publisher to publisher, creator to creator, where the names have been changed to protect the guilty. Stories told in the Hyatt roof bar or the Bayfront basement, from intern to colourist, to assistant editor… you have been warned.
1. Which infamous Group Editor was at the Hyatt on Friday night of San Diego Comic-Con with what looked like a male DC staffer glued to his side all night? Making sure nothing unfortunate happened and no drinks were drunk? And who was not on the DC panel for the books he worked for but sat in the back of the audience instead?
2. Which Big Two comic writer currently working on a major female lead character was discussing the online controversy over The Killing Joke while standing at the urinal? And agreed that writer Brian Azzarello deserved all the – spit – he was getting for it online?
3. Which comic book publisher CEO got so wasted in the Wired Cafe, and shouting and inappropriately touching women guests to the point that two celebrity guests raised vocal concerns about him and the waiting staff were told to cut him off?
4. Which creator is shipping round a TV script at Comic-Con with the villain’s surname the same as his comic book publisher?
5. Which comic book publisher should probably stop telling people in Comic-Com hotel bars how he taught his young nephew improved masturbatory skills?
6. Which comic book creator accused online of drunkenly sharking comic convention bars is actually a tee-totaller?
7. Which comic book retailer booked a twin room at a hotel with his female co-worker in a completely platonic practical fashion to find not only was it a double bed only, but the shower was next to the bed with transparent glass?