[The Wrap] In an April 2014 email to Sony’s former co-chairman Amy Pascal, Screen Gems president Clint Culpepper… [provides] a lively list of excuses he’s heard from representatives about difficult, unavailable or troublemaking talent clients, providing insight into the relationship between Hollywood agents and studio executives.
From denying obvious plastic surgery and feigning interest from rival studios to blaming a dropped phone call on bad reception “in the canyon,” Culpepper sent Pascal 28 of the most-used lines.
BG Note: We’ve edited the list down to the items that are most blind item-worthy.
4. All those stories of what a nightmare he is have all taken place when he was using. He’s been sober again for over a month this time.
10. She was born with those lips. Believe me. She would never tamper with her face. She’s an actress. It’s her instrument.
19. His English has gotten better than when you met him. When did you meet him again?
24. He’s hired a trainer. And based on his metabulism (sic), his trainer says he can easily lose at least 50 lbs before you start [physical production].
28. And we found a bond company that will still bond him.
BG Note: You can read the entire list at The Wrap.
4. Sober Nightmare:
10. Fake Lips:
19. Better English:
24. Hired a Trainer:
28. Now Bondable: