[Bleeding Cool] Here are six blind items from Bleeding Cool about stuff going on behind the scenes of your favorite comic books!
1. Which comic book executive with a heavy Human Resources file recently came out of the closet as a gay man? With his previous… shall we call them “excesses” being spun away as overcompensation on his part in trying to maintain a heterosexual identity?
2. Which comic book artist speaking out against editorial interferences, may have had further issues – evidenced by dismissing his female editor’s concerns as “don’t worry your pretty little head about it” or words to that effect?
3. Which publisher, in a meeting with a prominent comics journalist, mistakenly flipped open their presentation to a page revealing a planned comic tie in to a popular reality TV show – for which a comic book adaptation wouldn’t necessary seem possible or logical, before asking them to please, please not mention it?
4. And which publisher, who took a lunch meeting with me, may have gotten in the bad books with a prominent writer/artist, simply for them being associated with me?
5. Which publisher, announcing a major talent on one of their books, was a little annoyed to discover that the talent in question was at the show unannounced, but didn’t want to speak to any of them, let alone go on the stage to talk about the book?
6. And which publisher was happy to point out DC’s lack of booth or signing space, and compared that with the time DC mocked them for not having a proper booth at a show – with one exec taking photos of uneaten cookies from a sponsor at another show to pass round to retailers?