[Blind Gossip] Why on earth would this television star agree to return to the scene of the crime with her perpetrator?! Just days after a terrible incident in a public place, they returned, together, to the exact same spot.
We found out that it’s part publicity stunt and part negotiation. He is a businessman, he needs to repair his reputation, and the only way he can do it is with her cooperation. He arranged for a photographer to be there (which is especially interesting given that he has a reputation for avoiding personal publicity).
She was not happy to go… but she was also afraid to refuse. She actually believes that if she plays along and acts agreeable and gives him what he wants (a restored reputation) that he will give her what she wants (a clean and amicable divorce).
We think that she is terribly naïve and in complete denial about just how manipulative and vicious her husband can get… verbally, physically, legally, and financially. Her friends doubt that he will let her go… and doubt that she has the strength to leave.
It’s Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi! Source: BlindGossip.com
Well, it looks like celebrity chef Nigella Lawson doesn’t have to worry about having the strength to leave. Her husband, Charles Saatchi, who has a penchant for public choke holds, is divorcing her. Supposedly he is angry that Nigella didn’t defend him vehemently in the press after their “playful tiff” at a London restaurant.
The full story is available at the Daily Mail. Here is a summary:
I’m divorcing you, Nigella!
- Charles Saatchi has begun divorce proceedings against Nigella Lawson
- Said he made ‘heartbreaking’ decision after she refused to defend him
- Disclosure brings the couple’s ten-year marriage to a bitter end
- Saatchi was seen clutching Ms Lawson’s throat and tweaking her nose
- Pictures were published a week later in a Sunday newspaper
Multi-millionaire art collector Charles Saatchi has begun divorce proceedings against Nigella Lawson just four weeks after he grabbed her at a celebrity restaurant in London, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
The former advertising tycoon, 70, says he has made the ‘heartbreaking’ decision to formally separate from the television chef because she refused to defend his reputation after he was pictured with his hand around her neck at their table. He told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced.
‘I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way.’
The sensational disclosure brings the couple’s ten-year marriage to a bitter end after weeks of speculation.
Saatchi was seen clutching 53-year-old Ms Lawson’s throat and tweaking her nose for 27 minutes in horrifying pictures taken during an argument at Mayfair restaurant Scott’s on June 9.
A week later the images were published in a Sunday newspaper and within hours Ms Lawson had fled to a £10,000-a-week bolthole with her son Bruno, 17. They have not spoken to each other since.
Despite repeated pleas from Saatchi his wife has refused to answer his calls or return his text messages. Today The Mail on Sunday can reveal the true story behind the collapse of their marriage, the brutal aftermath of the ‘strangle row’ – and the devastating physical fixation that destroyed one of society’s most glamorous couples.
Saatchi reveals that on the day the pictures were published, he was ordered by Ms Lawson’s PR advisor Mark Hutchinson to apologise for the assault and admit he was ‘ashamed’. He flew off the handle and asked his wife: ‘Are you crazy, you know that’s not the truth.’
Nigella said: ‘I think we have no choice.’ The couple then had a furious row in which he told her to ‘pack her bags and go’.
The following day, Monday, June 17, Saatchi voluntarily went to Charing Cross police station where he agreed to accept a police caution for assault. By then Ms Lawson had left the family home with her two children from her previous marriage to journalist John Diamond, Cosima, 19, and Bruno.
Ms Lawson is not aware of the divorce ultimatum being issued by her husband today and will be devastated by his claim that she is somehow to blame for failing to speak out in his defence.
Announcing his decision to start divorce proceedings, Mr Saatchi said: ‘This is heartbreaking for both of us as our love was very deep, but in the last year we have become estranged and drifted apart… The row photographed at Scott’s restaurant could equally have been Nigella grasping my neck to hold my attention – as indeed she has done in the past.’
Saatchi is said to have earned a fortune of up to £135 million while Nigella, daughter of former Tory Chancellor Nigel Lawson, has wealth estimated at £20 million.
Congratulations to everyone who got this one right. Valley of the Galls was first with a complete answer!